Anyone in a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math classroom should visit STEM-Works. This site is a worthwhile resource for teachers, mentors, parents, STEM professionals, and anyone that values the promotion of science, technology, engineering, and math to kids.
The STEM-Works website is available to assist educators who are looking to locate projects and activities that are truly STEM based. This site hosts a number of STEM resources arranged by type. They are:
- Articles – A variety of articles are available here. There are several multimedia opportunities to appeal to a variety of students. These articles focus on what common core literacy looks like in STEM.
- Activities – This link is host to many STEM based activities. You will find activities on the Solar System, Crime Scene Investigations, and Medical Innovations to name a few.
- Career Opportunities – Students can explore career opportunities in STEM related fields.
- Subjects – This is a great resource to learn about subject specific STEM activities
- Advocacy – This link will bring you to some STEM related lesson plans for the K-12 arena. Within these lessons, students can explore STEM activities on many topics.
This site is an important tool when it comes to STEM collaboration. By sharing STEM ideas, interacting with other STEM educators, and providing various resources to each other, we might all be able to play a small part in continuing to build the STEM community.
Dana A. Corcoran, Ph.D.