If you are looking for great material to read, remember that Mid-State RBERN maintains an online lending library with resources on a variety of educational topics. We can deliver resources to OCM BOCES component schools, and schools in many other BOCES. In addition, OCMBOCES maintains an awesome ASCD virtual library for component districts. Please check them out.
Are you looking for a professional development experience that will focus on ELL specific needs this summer?
You do not want to miss the ELL Symposium: Planning for Diverse Learners scheduled for July 20 – July 22 at Indian River High School in Philadelphia, NY.
This unique, professional development experience will feature key note speakers, Maria Montalvo-Balbed from ASCD, Angelica Infante-Green, Associate Commissioner of the Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages and Jaqueline LeRoy of the Syracuse City School District.
In addition, breakout sessions will feature the following topics:
- Comprehensive Language Solutions featuring Byanne Zihmer of Rosetta Stone Education
- Content Area Teachers Partnership with ESOL Teachers featuring Lisa Pye of Mid-State RBERN
- The NYS ELL Identification Process featuring Sally Doran of Mid-State RBERN
- Quality Interpretation: A Key to Home-School Communication featuring Betty García Mathewson of The Diversity Project at SUNY Brockport
- Scaffolding and Differentiation in Culturally Responsive Classroom
- What You Need to Know About Your English Language Learner featuring Collette Richmond of Mid-State RBERN
Don’t miss this amazing professional development experience.